Sunday, July 11, 2010

Anderson Primary School

I started doing my Parent Volunteer with the school last Friday doing clerical stuff. I started at 8 and ended at 3.30pm. The duration sounds shorter than normal working hours but i was continuous keying in Primary 1 registration data and doing relevant paperwork throughout the day. I also made sure i was careful enough not to make any mistakes in data entry. By the end of the day, i left for home with a very heavy head. I felt so shag until the night, i was really drained out. I must admit i couldn't quite manage at this period (13th weeks).  After a very hectic day at the school, i still had to entertain the kids in the night and catch up on my own office work as i took a day's leave. Its too much for me. No doubt i would like to clock up the 40 hrs as fast as i can, i just couldn't manage at this time. I need more rest....

But while i was in the general Ooffice, i saw many interesting and funny scene with the students. I can't believe the General Office is filled with so much activities. The children stream in non-stop with request to use the phone, reports of vomiting, fights, lost of hand phone! lost of new pen that cost $1.80, request to use the sickbay. So many of them reported lost of their wallets, so careless! Endless cases. Some primary 1 students even started sobbing the moment they came in, so cute... so many patterns! One thing for sure, most of them are so well mannered, they came into the office greeting the staff Good Morning followed by introducing themselves with their name and class. I guess that's what the school thought them, which is good!