Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Celeste is sick...


I was told Celeste did not behave well yesterday, didn’t want to eat her food and made quite a fuss at home. But other than that, she was still her usual self being quite active. Besides its not surprising that Celeste doesn’t want to finish her food. In the evening, when I touched her, I realized she is feeling quite warm. Took her temperature, she’s running a fever at 38.6 degrees C. Thank goodness I have fever medicine stocked up at home from her previous visit to the Pediatrician.

Initially I thought she might be having urinary tract infection (UTI) because she has been pointing to her private part for some time. I tried asking her if she needs to go to the toilet, but she always answers No. UTI can be quite painful, which I suspect she might be experiencing pain when passing urine & I thought her high temperature could be caused by the infection.

Mum brought to see the doctor today and it turned out the diagnosis was hand, foot, and mouth disease! Celeste hasn’t even started on childcare. She attended Tumble Tots last Saturday though. Apparently, this virus is highly contagious. Now we will have to keep Celeste & Zenith apart & observe hygiene at home. Poor Celeste can’t get to go out when Papa comes back this sat. We will have to find ways to keep her entertained at home for 2 weeks!